Sunday, February 24, 2013

Record Revelation: Daily Inspiration


Whew, what a weekend! Busy doesn't even begin to describe it. Graduate school has been eating my lunch these days. In spite of all the craziness, I had an epiphany this weekend that I felt was worth sharing. As a public relations master's degree candidate, I spend quite a large portion of my day writing, researching and formulating ideas for public relations campaigns. As a result, I am constantly trying to stimulate creative concepts and ideas within my writing and research. 

There are many days that I feel that my thought processes and writing abilities are extremely lacking in "creative" direction. However, I have begun to realize that, often times, that doubt is actually rooted in a deep-seated fear of failure, rather than an objective evaluation of creative dimension. As a result of this "revelation," I try to make a daily conscious effort to minimize negative or critical thoughts that may cause me to shift my focus from the true objective: creative direction. I assume that I am not alone in this creative struggle against fear, so I have included a few inspirational quotes (see below) that have helped me to overcome my negative misconceptions of my professional abilities. 








As you begin this week, make a pledge to banish negativity and embrace positivity and creativity in all of your daily thoughts and activity. A chronic "fear of failure" does nothing but cripple an individuals' natural given creativity and chance for opportunity. Leave me a comment and share any similar struggles that you may have experienced, as well as any inspiration that you have found to be helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment